Accounting Clerk II
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The Accounting Clerk II is responsible for managing the prepaid expense account, preparing daily bank deposits, preparing journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts, and preparing month-end financial reports (cost per day reports, department reports, etc.). Process bi-weekly payroll as a back-up duty.
- Graduate of an accredited high school.
- Associate degree or general understanding of accounting principles commensurate with 2+ years of accounting training or experience, or equivalent preferred.
- Prior experience processing computerized payroll.
- Strong working knowledge of spreadsheet applications, Excel preferred.
- Prior experience with bank reconciliations.
- Working knowledge of year-end processes.
- Experience in preparing journal entries and working with Accounting software.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Excellent communication, organizational and human relation skills.
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Have reliable transportation and background screening indicates no disqualifying offense.
- Able to prepare and process bi-weekly payroll, including payroll tax returns, year-end processes, and garnishments. (Performs these duties as back-up).
- Manage prepaid expense account.
- Competent in DME posting in Suncoast Solutions software.
- Verify medication invoice in Suncoast Solutions software and perform necessary follow-up.
- Competent in posting GIP medications in Suncoast as additional services.
- Knowledgeable in how to process credit card donations through Stripe online website and PayPal.
- Able to prepare daily bank deposits.
- Ability to compile and generate departmental reports for use in budgetary and analytical reviews.
- Competent in completing general ledger journal entries.
- Competent in completing general ledger account reconciliations.
- Understanding of how to prepare bank reconciliations.
- Knowledgeable in basic accounting principles.
- Knowledgeable in Suncoast Solutions and Great Plains software.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word and Excel software.
- Knowledgeable in telephone system and call/message forwarding protocol.
- Accurate timesheet documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Benefit Package offered for full-time positions. (EOE)
For more information and to apply online, please visit www.hospice.org/careers