Job Summary: Our client has been working to build stronger communities in Southern Illinois for more than 120 years! They have grown to become one of Southern Illinois’ leaders in providing emotion and mental health services for every stage of youth and family development. Our client in St. Clair County is looking for an Accounting Manager to join their team. The Accounting Manager maintains/enforces a documented system of accounting policies/procedures, oversee the operations of accounting/billing department/staff.
- Ensure accounts payable are paid in a timely manner and that reasonable discounts are taken
- Monitor accounts receivable and make attempts on collection when appropriate
- Perform bank reconciliations timely and in agreement with the general ledger
- Ensure debt payments are made and that billing is done on a timely basis
- Maintain a schedule of temporarily restricted net assets and monitor releases of restrictions
- Capitalization of fixed assets and maintain fixed asset schedule supportive of the general ledger
- Maintain the chart of accounts, an accounting filing system and control over transactions
- Maintain and update as needed the Cost Policy Statement and all approved allocation methods
- Negotiate/renew the indirect cost rate proposal through proper governmental bodies annually
- Monitor cash flow daily and issue monthly/quarterly statements
- Fiscal year-end reporting to donors and major funding sources
- Calculate/issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Monitor grant expenditures, reporting, and compliance with Federal CFR 200 standards
Location: St. Clair County, IL
Position type: Full Time, Evaluation Hire
Pay: Up to $65,000/yr, BOE
Benefits provided by Client (once hired on): Medical/dental/vision insurance, 403B (with 5% Client match), 5 sick days, 2 personal days and 10 vacation days
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience for leadership of an accounting department.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a CPA license and a not-for-profit background
How To Apply: Submit a completed application to the Fairview Heights location at www.expresspros.com or email your resume to email@example.com
About Express Employment Professionals: Express was founded in 1983 and began franchising in 1985. A privately held company, Express has more than 800 office locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa. Express Employment Professionals provides employment solutions to job seekers in need of a job that matches their skills and schedule. There are many advantages by choosing Express. One application makes you eligible for multiple positions with top companies, and there are no fees for job seekers.