Senior Staff Accountant
Job Summary: Our client has been working to build stronger communities in Southern Illinois for more than 120 years! They have grown to become one of Southern Illinois’ leaders in providing emotion and mental health services for every stage of youth and family development. Our client in St. Clair County is looking for a Senior Staff Accountant to join their team. The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for general ledger accountability, reporting for all grant-funded programs, reconcile receipts and identifies/resolves any discrepancies in payments. Must be familiar with the billing requirements of each program, contract or grant.
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements and review/post/maintain general ledger
- Generate monthly grant reports and examine financial statements to ensure expenses are legitimate for all grants. Assist in budget development and process/request funding for grants
- Prepare AR aging reports/collection log and resolve AR issues with funders/supervisors
- Enter cash receipts and receive/reconcile employee cash advances (55-60 per month)
- Prepare all billings are accurate and prepare agency deposits (daily or as needed)
- Attend and assist in annual financial budgeting process
- Reconcile Petty Cash weekly, monitor bank activity daily, payroll general ledger entries bi-weekly, monthly payroll/vacation accruals, reconcile all balance sheet accounts monthly and track temporarily restricted net assets monthly
Location: St. Clair County, IL
Position type: Full Time, Evaluation Hire
Pay: Up to $50,000/yr, BOE
Benefits provided by Client (once hired on): Medical/dental/vision insurance, 403B (with 5% Client match), 5 sick days, 2 personal days and 10 vacation days
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of AP/AR experience.
How To Apply: Submit a completed application to the Fairview Heights location at www.expresspros.com or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Express Employment Professionals: Express was founded in 1983 and began franchising in 1985. A privately held company, Express has more than 800 office locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa. Express Employment Professionals provides employment solutions to job seekers in need of a job that matches their skills and schedule. There are many advantages by choosing Express. One application makes you eligible for multiple positions with top companies, and there are no fees for job seekers.