Job Summary: Our Client is looking for a Machine Operator to join their team. The Machine Operator operates packaging equipment, blending equipment, filling equipment, pouching equipment, rotary and mechanical presses and/or In Feed. Operates equipment producing product to customer size, weight and quality specifications.
- Prior to starting equipment reads work orders to see that materials for run are in place and sees that equipment safeguards are operable and in use. Makes sure that job is run per work order and asks questions if work order is not clear.
- Makes every effort to meet/exceed daily production goals while working in a safe manner.
- Observes operation to detect any equipment malfunctions or problem with product. Makes minor adjustments/repairs and reports equipment or output problems to supervisor.
- Performs blending operations following information found on work orders and/or found in process manuals.
- Trouble shoots routine equipment problems and may assist Maintenance with equipment repair.
- Mark or labels packaging with lot numbers, shipping destinations, loads cartons, stacks and wraps pallets and fills containers.
- Replaces empty raw material super sacks, keeps line supplied with raw materials and components and opens new and recycled raw material containers.
- Cleans machine surface, areas surrounding the equipment and the mezzanine.
- Responsible for the quality of product produced to include all specifications, packaging, stacking and labeling of product. Inspects product for deviation from customer specification and standard and records required information. Provides information regarding shift production and completes required checklists.
- Reports operational problems and unsafe conditions to supervisor. Logs appropriate information in machine logbook.
- May maintain and empty dust collector system and bags on a regular basis. Vacuums any recycled materials to drums.
- Understands plant labeling requirements and sees that all chemicals are properly labeled and managed.
- Can pass tests on chemical compatibility, plant labeling program, equipment controls and operations. Must be certified on any two of the following: packaging equipment, blending equipment, filling equipment & pouching equipment, rotary press, mechanical press or the end feed in 24 months or less of be hired.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
Location: St. Clair County, IL
Position type: Full Time
- Requires a minimum of 90 days prior related experience.
- Can add, subtract, multiply and divide using units of weight measurement, currency, volume, distance and size
- Ability to read, write and speak English so that individual can read work orders, record information in logbooks, report production activity
- May be exposed to various chemicals. Must be able to wear a respirator and/or other personal protective equipment (PPE ) when necessary
- Comfortable working in the heat and cold
- Ability to consistently lift 50 lbs
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
How To Apply: Submit a completed application to the Fairview Heights location at www.expresspros.com
About Express Employment Professionals: Express was founded in 1983 and began franchising in 1985. A privately held company, Express has more than 800 office locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa. Express Employment Professionals provides employment solutions to job seekers in need of a job that matches their skills and schedule. There are many advantages by choosing Express. One application makes you eligible for multiple positions with top companies, and there are no fees for job seekers.
Benefits Available to Express Associates:
- Holiday Pay (6 Days observed)
- Vacation Pay
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan