Job Summary: Our client in St. Clair County is looking for a Maintenance Technician to join their team. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining and repairing operating equipment for a grain elevator. Primary function is to ensure that the machinery and equipment in the facility remain in good working order to optimize productivity and efficiencies. Responsible for complying with all applicable Company standards and government regulations. Maintenance responsibilities include project and outage work. This position may also be responsible for activates related to millwright/fabrication.
- Perform all scheduled P. M. Inspections recommended by Superintendent
- Follow generally accepted lubrication schedules as recommended by Superintendent
- Follow all LOTO, Confined Space entry and Hot Work procedures per LDC policy
- Make sure shop area is clean and organized.
- Tools are to be in their proper places and stock stored in designated areas daily
- No job is finished until old parts are picked up and discarded, tools picked up, machine/equipment guards are put back in place and equipment put back into service
- Must wear all required PPE for all jobs being performed
- Must follow all safety rules & policies
- Forklifts, tractors, payloaders, skid steers
- Use of electrical tools & equipment used for: testing, laser alignment & vibration analysis
- Use of torches, multiple hand tools, precision measuring tools
- Wears proper personal protective equipment (PPEs)
- Drill press, pedestal grinder, horizontal bandsaw, welder, torch & hand tools
Location: St. Clair County, IL
Position type: Full Time
Pay: Up to $24/hr, BOE
- High school diploma & valid driver’s license
- 4 years of experience with welding, cutting, gearbox repair, pump alignment, material handling systems, preventive maintenance, and/or instrument and electrical work in an industrial processing facility or in a machine shop required.
- Knowledge of conveyor belts, legs, pneumatic/hydraulic systems pumps, winches, dust systems
- Ability to perform all duties of position while maintaining compliance with regulatory safety requirements, e.g., OSHA (including PSM), EPA, USDA,
- Ability to provide instruction with respect to machine operation/repair
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders as well as work at heights; manage confined space entry, withstand extended periods of walking and standing; move manufacturing materials, products and equipment of 75 pounds or more which requires regular bending and lifting
- Mechanical aptitude, effective oral/written communication skills, basic math and basic PC skills
- Must be well organized, self-motivated, action oriented and able to work effectively in a team environment
- Related technical degree & millwright/fabrication experience preferred.
How To Apply: Submit a completed application to the Fairview Heights location at www.expresspros.com
About Express Employment Professionals: Express was founded in 1983 and began franchising in 1985. A privately held company, Express has more than 800 office locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa. Express Employment Professionals provides employment solutions to job seekers in need of a job that matches their skills and schedule. There are many advantages by choosing Express. One application makes you eligible for multiple positions with top companies, and there are no fees for job seekers.
Benefits Available to Express Associates:
- Holiday Pay (6 Days observed)
- Vacation Pay
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan