Admission RN - Full Time
The Admission Nurse is responsible for assessing the patient/caregiver needs, planning for the care, implementing the Plan of Care, and evaluating the effectiveness of the care provided. Proactively promotes clinical competencies to assure positive patient outcomes by establishing and participating in the use of the clinical process to meet the realistic needs of the patient/family, as defined by the physician’s orders and the Plan of Care. Assure consistent, appropriate, and cost-effective care by actively managing the patient/family’s needs, payor’s expectation, company policy compliance, and Hospice of Southern Illinois’ financial objectives.
1. Graduate of State-approved school of nursing.
2. Associate Degree in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing required.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, preferred.
One (1) year experience in hospice preferred.
1. Current Illinois nursing license.
2. Certification in hospice and palliative care preferred.
3. Excellent clinical assessment, organizational, and interpersonal relationship skills.
4. A working knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid, hospice regulations, and third-party payor expectations is preferred.
5. Reliable means of transportation.Technical Competencies:
- Display strong professional characteristics upon initial interaction with patient/family.
- Adhere to policies and procedures in compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Proficient comprehensive assessment skills (i.e. head-to-toe physical assessment, medical history, medication review, DME requirements.)
- Recognition of situational needs.
- Organizational skills.
- Identify areas of risk.
- Participates in admission nurse on-call rotation.
- Provide evidence of basic registered nurse clinical skills (inclusive of BUT not limited to: obtain basic vital signs, foley catheter insertion, nursing process, Plan of Care).
- Accurate and complete clinical documentation.
- Interpretation of diagnostic testing/screening.
- Knowledge of hospice related pharmacologic agents.
- Provide education to patient/family/caregiver.
- Advise supervisor/designee of any conflicts existing with patient/family/customer.
- Work efficiently with minimal supervision; self-starter.
- Collaborates effectively with internal and external customers.
- Willing to expand knowledge base and clinical skills.
- Accurate timesheet documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- (3) 12-Hour Shifts
- Rotational On-Call: including Holidays.