DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The Billing Supervisor manages the billing, coding and collection of all patient accounts according to State, Federal, and third party payer guidelines. Maintains and stays up-to-date with office software applications to ensure accurate billing. Serves as the agency HIPAA Officer for Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. Coordinates Hospice of Southern Illinois contracted services.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS :
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree required in Medical Billing and Coding.
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) Certification required.
- Two (2) years experience in a healthcare management/supervisory position required.
- Medicare, Medicaid, and Private Insurance experience required.
- Healthcare/Hospice/Hospital billing experience required.
- Knowledge and experience with software applications, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Supportive of hospice concept of care.
- Reliable means of transportation.
- Ability to function with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and human relation skills.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of healthcare billing, reimbursement and certification requirements.
- Demonstrates competence in hospice regulatory compliance.
- Self-motivation, assertiveness, and independent decision making skills.
- Manages Billing and Information Management employees and creates a positive work environment that encourages the exchange of ideas and knowledge.
- Manages all health information issues including release of information, confidentiality and record retention as well as authorship and authentication of health record documentation.
- Serves as liaison between Clinical Departments and Information Management Department to meet company needs and foster communication.
- Supervises accounts receivable and patient billing and serves as the technical resource for Suncoast billing processes, claims adjustments.
- Responsible for maintaining Microsoft Access Databases used for tracking contracted facilities, contracted providers and volunteer hours/services.
- Supervises and ensures timeliness for date entry of Medicare Notices of Election into the Medicare DDE system.
- Responsible for meeting all regulatory requirements to ensure timely billing.
- Supervises and monitors accuracy of ICD 10 codes.
- Responsible switchboard and answering service.
- Responsible for ensuring the data integrity of the patient record within Suncoast Solutions .
- Adheres to legal responsibilities as written in the State of Illinois Rules and Regulations, Medicare Conditions of Participation and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Serves as HIPAA Privacy Officer and assures compliance with regulations related to patient privacy and protected health information. Demonstrates a working knowledge of the flow of protected health information throughout the hospice.
- Ensure that the Notice of Privacy Practices, authorization forms, business associate contracts and privacy policies and procedures conform to the requirements of the Privacy Rule and that daily operations conform to these requirements.
- Accurate timesheet documentation.
For further information and to apply online, please visit www.hospice.org/careers.
Benefit package offered for full-time positions (EOE).