Field Staff RN-PRN
The Staff Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing the patient/caregiver needs, planning for the care, implementing the Plan of Care, and evaluating the effectiveness of the care provided. Pro-actively promotes clinical competencies to assure positive patient outcomes by establishing and participating in the use of the clinical process to meet the realistic needs of the patient/family, as defined by the physician’s orders and the Plan of Care. Assure consistent, appropriate, and cost-effective care by actively managing the patient/family’s needs, payor’s expectation, company policy compliance, and Hospice of Southern Illinois’ financial objectives.
Would alternate providing service in the following Illinois counties: St. Clair, Monroe, Washington, Perry, and Randolph, Clinton, Madison, Bond, Montgomery, Macoupin, Jersey, and Calhoun.
1. Assisting in overall coordination of assigned patient-care services. Specific responsibilities include providing direct patient care activities that include all aspects of the nursing process.
2. Participating in Performance Improvement Team process.
3. Assisting supervisor with patient, office tasks and special projects as assigned.
4. Participating in committees as requested.
5. Responsible for on-call needs of patients.
6. Maintains strict confidentiality of patient/caregiver information.
7. Maintains agency Code of Conduct.
8. Accurate timesheet documentation.
9. Other duties as assigned.
This position requires the ability to work with Adults and Geriatrics in a safe and productive manner and may infrequently work with Infant, Child and Adolescent patients.
Full-Time Hourly Non-Exempt Position, 40 Hours Weekly, Monday-Friday 8:30 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. with an additional rotational on-call schedule that includes some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Benefits offered for full-time positions.
For further information or to apply online, please visit www.hospice.org/careers.