The Intake Nurse is responsible for receiving incoming calls from referral sources and potential customers. Proactively promotes hospice services by exchanging information with the caller, probes to identify expressed and implied needs, and determines the ability to meet these needs. Schedules visits with the patient and family by assigning and admission nurse and/or designee to visit. Secures physician certification for hospice services, medical orders, and other duties as assigned by the Patient Care Supervisor.
- Identifies patient and family needs and assigning appropriate staff in a timely manner.
- Coordinates patient admission with attending physician, Medical Director, referral source, and patient/caregivers.
- Directs assignments to admission nurse and/or designee.
- Coordinates financial information with the Accounting Department to assure accurate billing of services.
- Assists Patient Care Supervisors with patient-related tasks, office tasks, and special projects as assigned.
- Participates in committees as requested.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of patient/caregiver information.
- Maintains compliance with agency Code of Conduct, organizational policies and standards.
- Understands marketing function of job as it relates to customer service skills.
- Accurate timesheet documentation.
- Graduate of State-approved school of nursing.
- LPN license minimum.
- Current Illinois nursing license.
- Certification in hospice and palliative care preferred.
- CPR certification preferred.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Excellent communication/customer service skills.
- A working knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid, hospice regulations, and third-party payor expectations.
- Reliable transportation.
Full-Time Hourly Non-Exempt Position, 40 Hours Weekly, Monday-Friday 8:30 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Benefits offered for full-time positions.
For further information or to apply online, please visit www.hospice.org/careers.