Licensed Practical Nurse- Full Time
Staff Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN): The Staff Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for assessing the patient/caregiver needs, planning for the care, implementing the Plan of Care, and evaluating the effectiveness of the care provided. Pro-actively promotes clinical competencies to assure positive patient outcomes by establishing and participating in the use of the clinical process to meet the realistic needs of the patient/family, as defined by the physician’s orders and the Plan of Care. Assure consistent, appropriate, and cost-effective care by actively managing the patient/family’s needs, payor’s expectation, company policy compliance, and Hospice of Southern Illinois’ financial objectives.
1. Graduate of State-approved school of nursing
2. Successful completion of Licensed Practical Nurse education
1. One (1) year experience in hospice preferred
C. Other Qualifications
1. Current Illinois LPN license.
2. Excellent clinical assessment, organizational and interpersonal relationship skills
3. A working knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid, hospice regulations, and third-party payor expectations is preferred
4. Reliable means of transportation
Expanded roles with the organization
This position requires the ability to work with Adults and Geriatrics in a safe and productive manner and may infrequently work with Infant, Child and Adolescent patients.
- Assisting in overall coordination of assigned patient-care services. Specific responsibilities include providing direct patient care activities that include all aspects of the nursing process.
- Participating in Performance Improvement Team process.
- Assisting supervisor with patient, office tasks and special projects as assigned.
- Participating in committees as requested.
- Responsible for on-call needs of patients.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of patient/caregiver information.
- Maintains agency Code of Conduct.
- Accurate timesheet documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
For more information or to apply online, please visit www.hospice.org/careers .