Patient Care Supervisor (RN, BSN Preferred)
Full-Time, Salaried Exempt Position. Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with an additional administrative/back up on-call rotation. Management and supervision of licensed and certified clinical staff. Responsible for the management of day-to-day clinical operations of the team and coordinates all aspects of patient care. Works closely with the Clinical Services Manager on complex clinical issues. Provides employee coaching that facilitates the development of the person and delivery of the highest quality of patient/interdisciplinary care. Assures consistent, appropriate, and cost-effective care by actively managing patient/family’s needs, payor expectations, company policy compliance, and Hospice of Southern Illinois’ financial objectives. Professionally communicates with staff, patient/families, referral sources, and community members. Participates in administrative/back up on-call rotation.
- Ensures policies and procedures comply with all state and federal regulations.
- Overall supervision of the daily operations of the clinical services team.
- Attends and participates in committee meetings and processes to ensure and promote clinical and organizational growth and development.
- Compose policies and programs that link to the mission of Hospice of Southern Illinois.
- Ensures completion of the on-call schedule for assigned team.
- Participates in administrative on-call rotation.
- Scheduling of employees.
- Participate in the budget development process.
- Ensure timesheet approvals for accurate and timely payroll process.
- Proficient understanding of Hospice of Southern Illinois contracts.
- Working knowledge of organizational reports.
- Collaborates effectively with internal and external customers.
- Upholds fiduciary responsibilities to ensure efficient resource usage.
- Accurate timesheet documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from a State-approved school of nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Three (3) years hospice experience required.
- Two (2) years experience as a hospice admission nurse is preferred.
- One (1) year management/leadership required.
- Current Illinois nursing license.
- Certification in hospice and palliative care preferred.
- CPR Certification Preferred.
- Excellent leadership, managerial ability, and interpersonal relationship skills.
- A working knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid, hospice regulations, and third-party payor expectations is preferred.
- Reliable means of transportation.
Benefits package offered for full-time positions.
For further information and to apply online, please visit www.hospice.org/careers.