The Chief Development Officer, CDO, is responsible for the planning and implementation of a multi-faceted development program to advance charitable giving at Caritas Family Solutions. This position is responsible for building, growing and sustaining fundraising and communication activities that capture the interest and stimulate the philanthropic intent of prospective donors, including individuals, corporations, foundations and civic organizations. Reports to the Chief Executive Officer and works closely with the Board of Directors to facilitate, support, and guide their involvement in the fundraising efforts of Caritas Family Solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the agency’s development effort and performance including special events, grants, etc.
- Develop and manage a public relations effort to enhance agency image, promote the mission and programs of Caritas and encourage community support through strategic and targeted marketing activities.
- Maintain current information on fund development practices and procedures, as well as provide training for staff and volunteer leadership to increase their knowledge and effectiveness in solicitation and development activities.
- Participate in the development of the agency’s plans and programs as a strategic partner, particularly from the perspective of the impact on fund raising.
- Oversee the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of current and prospective donors.
- Manage the use of donor software so that data is timely, accurately and consistently recorded in accordance with development, finance and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Develop with input from management and board members, creative and compelling marketing materials to enhance the visibility and public awareness of the agency’s mission and programs to help foster an improved and expanded fundraising effort.
- Educates staff, volunteers (including Board of Directors) and other constituents on the mission of the agency.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for the supervision of the Department by either direct or indirect means.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum requirements include a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university (preferred fields of study: nonprofit administration, public/community relations, communications or marketing). A Master Degree is preferred. Minimum of 5 years senior experience directing a comprehensive fundraising and marketing program.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Strong computer proficiencies are essential; must possess strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs as well as donor database programs.
APPLY ONLINE BY CLICKING HERE