The Communications/Public Relations/Marketing Manager shall set and guide the strategy for all communications, public relations and marketing for Caritas Family Solutions, including website, social media, branding and messaging along with collateral materials that consistently articulate the Caritas mission. This position reports to the Chief Development Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with Development Team to create, implement and evaluate an annual development plan that includes marketing and communications initiatives.
- Develop ideas and opportunities for feature stories that promote awareness of the agency’s mission and services. Interview necessary staff, clients, donors, volunteers and community members to be highlighted in stories. Write stories in appropriate voice and length for key audience and method of communication. Publish/present stories in a variety of media/circumstances. Prepare and disseminate press releases.
- Manage media relationships to ensure coverage of programs, special events, advocacy efforts and other projects that promote the agency’s mission and tell our story.
- Preserve the integrity of the agency’s brand. Manage, update and ensure adherence to the agency’s graphic design standards. Oversee design and production of all print and digital materials for the agency, including stationery, signage, promotional items, fundraising and advocacy campaigns, newsletters, annual reports, brochures, advertising and event collaterals. Educate staff as to the importance of adhering to the\ graphic standards and brand guidelines in order to consistently promote our mission.
- Manage the agency’s website serving as its webmaster ensuring that all copy is current and accurate. Add/edit pages as needed. Keep website fresh and inviting, researching and utilizing best practices to advance the agency’s online presence. Create graphics and incorporate other web elements that will drive traffic to the website. Analyze web traffic and troubleshoot performance issues. Plan for future website changes. Serve as liaison with internal staff and external website contractors regarding all website issues.
- Manage Google account and online donation forms. Work with development team to develop online giving campaigns and strategies.
- Accelerate agency’s presence on social media platforms and create content strategy.
- Ensure regular posts to social media accounts in order to maximize agency exposure.
- Take photographs as needed to document and promote agency happenings.
- Assist in the planning, execution and evaluation of events.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Student Interns - from time to time
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Minimum requirements include a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, journalism, communications, or similar degree. Minimum one year experience in a non-profit setting. Demonstrated ability to write and produce a successful newsletter, write scripts and speeches, and present information to public groups. Knowledge of AP style. Must have experience dealing with media and vendors.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to management, board of directors, staff and/or public groups.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Strong computer proficiencies are essential; must possess expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Publisher and PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro.) Fluency in managing social media pages on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and creating e-marketing campaigns in Constant Contact is required. Experience with WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Ads and basic knowledge of HTML preferred. Experience with digital photography and photo editing skills would be very helpful.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is based primarily in an office environment and the noise level is usually moderate.
OTHER: Must have vehicle, licensed to drive and auto insurance. Some travel within 42 counties of Southern Illinois.