Job Summary: A client in St. Clair County is looking for a Fitter Welder to join their team! The F.W. is responsible for fitting up and welding structure steel, piping and vessels according to blueprints and isometric drawings. Assemble skids, process equipment such as heat exchangers, pumps vessels and pipe as needed. Fabricate and assemble any and all equipment manufactured at PRI. Other duties as assigned.
Location: St. Clair County, IL
Position type: Full Time, Long Term
Pay: $15/hr and higher based on experience
- Welding certificate from a technical college, or equivalent experience
- Experience with fitting and welding from blueprints, using the different welding techniques and handling large parts using cranes, forklifts and positioners
- Experience with MIG, TIG, RMD/Pulse spray methods and SMAW
- Able to pass these tests: MIG short arc, hand wire, 6G test on 2” schedule 80 carbon steel pipe and on 4” schedule 80 carbon steel pipe / Flux core arc welding / Spray arc welding / TIG welding / RMD/Pulse testing
- Ability to read blueprints and weld symbols / Able to work with hand and power tools such as drills, grinders, bevelers, etc.
- Must be familiar with AWS, ASME and other welding codes and practices
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Strong knowledge of safe work practices including PPE, power tool safety, ladder and platform safety, powered lift, crane and forklift safety.
- Physical requirements: climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, lifting
About Express Employment Professionals: Express was founded in 1983 and began franchising in 1985. A privately held company, Express has more than 760 office locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa. Express Employment Professionals provides employment solutions to job seekers in need of a job that matches their skills and schedule. There are many advantages by choosing Express. One application makes you eligible for multiple positions with top companies, and there are no fees for job seekers.
Benefits Available to Express Associates:
- Holiday Pay (6 Days observed)
- Vacation Pay
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan