Job Summary: Would you like to work for a global company that is headquartered in St. Louis? Our client in St. Clair County is looking for multiple Machinists to join their team. The Machinist is responsible for setup and operation of manual, CNC and special machines. Duties include:
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining variables such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve input, or edit computerized machine controls.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specification to assure quality.
- Reads and interprets drawings, sketches, specifications, and manuals to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines.
- Maintains acceptable levels of production against standards.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Completes all necessary production, process, attendance, and quality records as required.
Location: St. Clair County, IL
Position type: Full Time, Evaluation Hire
Pay: Up to $20/hr, BOE
Qualifications for Machinist 1 position:
- Trade school certificate from college or technical school; and a minimum of 3-5 equivalent machine shop experience.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Qualifications for Machinist 2 position:
- 4-year Journeyman Machinist apprenticeship program and/or 8 years machine shop experience
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to read drawings and use all types of measuring instruments to verify accuracy of work piece within .001
Qualifications for both positions:
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Operate forklift safely/efficiently and pass forklift certification/driving test
- Operate overhead and jib cranes safely with adequate training
How To Apply: Submit a completed application to the Fairview Heights location at www.expresspros.com or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Express Employment Professionals: Express was founded in 1983 and began franchising in 1985. A privately held company, Express has more than 800 office locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa. Express Employment Professionals provides employment solutions to job seekers in need of a job that matches their skills and schedule. There are many advantages by choosing Express. One application makes you eligible for multiple positions with top companies, and there are no fees for job seekers.