Job Summary: A client in St. Clair County is looking for a Mechanical Assembler to join their team! The responsibilities of the M.A. will include assembling welded pipe and components/component parts; insulating pipes and vessels; performing finish work (sheet metal); and preparing equipment for shipping – all according to blueprint specifications. Testing parts after assembly, when required. This job can be repetitive and requires good hand-eye coordination and hand strength. This person must be organized, neat, have good housekeeping habits, and be self-disciplined. Other duties as assigned, as needed.
Location: St. Clair County, IL
Position type: Full Time, Long Term
Pay: $15/hr and higher based on experience
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting abilities a must
- Must have high school level reading and mathematics skills
- Two year technical/trade school preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints and wiring schematics strongly desired.
- Able to work with cleaners, oils, fuels, and solvents.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs..
- Excellent attendance a must – able to work overtime as needed.
- Strong knowledge of safe work practices including PPE, power tool safety, ladder and platform safety, powered lift, crane and forklift safety.
- Physical requirements: climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, lifting
About Express Employment Professionals: Express was founded in 1983 and began franchising in 1985. A privately held company, Express has more than 760 office locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa. Express Employment Professionals provides employment solutions to job seekers in need of a job that matches their skills and schedule. There are many advantages by choosing Express. One application makes you eligible for multiple positions with top companies, and there are no fees for job seekers.
Benefits Available to Express Associates:
- Holiday Pay (6 Days observed)
- Vacation Pay
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan