Job Summary: Would you like to work for a global company that is headquartered in St. Louis? Our client in St. Clair County is looking for multiple Welders to join their team. The Welder should be proficient in various types of weld preparation, welding and weld finishing operations to manufacture product to customer drawings or specifications. Duties include:
- Examines materials to be repaired to determine the strength and heating properties of parent metals and alloys.
- Studies simple sketches to determine needed repairs or construction.
- Determines the type of equipment and amount of heat needed to make a repair or construct a metal article.
- Prepares items for welding by disassembling parts and acquiring needed parts.
- Lays out, cuts, and fits material for welding.
- Uses welding equipment to burn, cut through or join metal pieces
Location: St. Clair County, IL
Position type: Full Time, Evaluation Hire
Pay: Starting at $20/hr, BOE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 3+ years related weld shop experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with an emphasis in welding.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Ability to add and subtract 2-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Some knowledge of welding principles and methods
- Some knowledge of the heating properties of parent metals and alloys
- Skill in the operation of welding equipment and tools
- Ability to follow oral or written directions
- Can work from simple sketches or drawings
- Ability to produce replacements for broken metal items
- GEC certified welder to AWS D1.1
- Operate forklift safely and efficiently and pass forklift certification and driving test
- Operate overhead and jib cranes safely with adequate training
How To Apply: Submit a completed application to the Fairview Heights location at www.expresspros.com or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Express Employment Professionals: Express was founded in 1983 and began franchising in 1985. A privately held company, Express has more than 800 office locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa. Express Employment Professionals provides employment solutions to job seekers in need of a job that matches their skills and schedule. There are many advantages by choosing Express. One application makes you eligible for multiple positions with top companies, and there are no fees for job seekers.